Sunday, July 29, 2007

Young Malaysian

Okay I should've written about this topic last week, but I've totally forgotten which email I used to create this blog. But whatever, let's move on to the topic.

Am I proud to be a Malaysian? Hell yes. Why? Let's see, we are free from wars, we are free from natural disasters, we can live in harmony with other races, and we can eat roti canai even at 4 in the morning (allllllllll I knowww is, you got to give me everythinggggggg. Okay off topic. :P)!! Need I say more?

Well apparently yes because I need the marks for this course. Haha.

Compared ourselves with neighbouring countries, we are in the lucky zone. Our country is a developing country. We don't have to kill each other for a living. But putting all these blessings aside, what we, as a young Malaysian, can do for our country?

Not an exactly easy question to be answered isn't it?

Basically there are a lot that we can do for our country. We need to prepare ourselves with knowledge, so that no outsider can intrude us. We may not be colonized in physical form like what happened to us 50 years ago, but they might colonized us through our mind. If that happens, no one can save our country anymore.

Secondly, we need to work hand-in-hand so that we can make Malaysia more developed than now. We need to put our country on the map. Honestly, I don't think many people, especially in the Europe know where Malaysia is. Heck, if they do know, they might think we still live on trees! I have a few friends who are studying overseas. They said, whenever they mentioned that they are from Malaysia, they need to explain that our country is "in between Thailand and Singapore" in order for the people to know where in the world our country is. Do we want this to happen in 10 years time? Hopefully not.

Speaking of overseas, I think Malaysian students who are studying overseas are like the little ambassadors of Malaysia. They can promote our country and our culture to the world! Isn't that nice?

I think I will stop here. Oh before I forgets, I hope the Malaysian football team will train harder next time. If Iraq, a war country, can win the AFC Asian Cup 2007, why not us? I'm very embarassed with this fact. :P

No comments: