Sunday, September 23, 2007

Andrea Bocelli

Last two weeks or so, our class were forced to listen to a song. Andrea Bocelli's song to be exact. The substitute lecturer (I forgot her name, sorry) even switched off the lamps - so that we can feel the song, she said.

And so the song began. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALAAAADEEDAHDEEDAHHHHHHHHHH WOOOAAAAAAAAA DEEEEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

It's Andrea Bocelli. What do you expect? Him singing like George Michael singing Careless Whisper or heck, like Prince singing Purple Rain? He's an operatic tenor and a classical crossover singer, for God's sake. Of course you'll be hearing these opera songs and whatnots.

It was pure 3 or 4 minutes of pain. At least for me. First, I hate, no LOATHE classical soprano opera laaadeeedah glass breaking songs. Second, I don't even understand the language of the song. Was it Italian? Spanish? French? Planet Zargus? Only Lord knows. After the song ended, we were asked to interpret our feeling about the song. What do you think he's blabbering? Was it sad? Inspirational? Boring?

"IT BORES ME TO DEATH," I would like to shout. But I just kept quiet. She asked a few of us to come in front and talk about the song. Melati even sang a song from the Everly Brothers.

And at last the English for Interpretation class has turned into a vocal and singing class. With Melati singing that Everly Brothers' song and Sri Achanti having a duet with the lecturer singing When You Believe.

Oh well, at least they have kept me amused.

1 comment:

breatnyS said...

Never seen Andrea Bocelli on concert, I was not going to see it, Andrea Bocelli tickets got sky rocked thanks to stupid brokers. But even if I had seen it, I wouldn't buy it. I'd rather wait and see it on DVD. Well suprise I changed my mind and I got 2 tix for the Andrea Bocelli show I was looking for tickets thanks god there sites like Ticketwood which work as comparators here is the site
Andrea Bocelli Tickets http://www.ticketwood.com/concerts/Andrea-Bocelli-Tickets/index.php . So any body going to the Andrea Bocelli concert ??